We try to help make the world a better place by:
- Giving staff paid time off to contribute to charity events
- Donating our time and money to important community projects
- Inspiring young people through local initiatives with, Sure Start Children's Centre, supporting local events and THEBP’s Reading Partners
- Supporting employees in setting up their own Charity – Hatua – helping Kenyan children achieve a brighter start in life
Vanquis in the Community
At Vanquis, we like to think we are a valued part of the community.
We actively encourage our staff to join events and community projects by giving paid time off for projects, as well as financially contributing through our fund matching programme.
Vanquis employees regularly help with initiatives at Glencoe Junior School. Vanquis host Christmas parties for the Sure Start Children’s centre and our staff take part in THEBP’s reading programme to read with children in a local school.
What is Hatua?
Hatua is a charity which helps bright and talented children from the poorest slums in Nairobi get into the best secondary schools. Hatua in Swahili simply means ‘The Next Step’. It offers them the opportunity to develop their talents to eventually move out of poverty and hopefully contribute to improving the conditions of other children struggling with the future hardship.
Vanquis Employees & Hatua:
Vanquis employees get actively involved with Hatua, whether they provide skills and support remotely in the UK or go and work for a week on projects designed by the Charity. Each participant uses some of their own holiday for the trips and in some cases, use their own money to help fund accommodation and flights.
Others prefer to contribute from the UK and engage through support and fund raising activities such as compiling a wider ranging communications programme including the development of an online/printed newsletter.
Charities we support:
Build your credit with a Vanquis Bank Card
- You'll start with an easy to manage credit limit between £150 and £1,000.
- You could get a Credit Limit increase on your 4th statement.
Conditions apply see below*
- And further increases every 4 months, up to £3,000. Conditions
apply see below*
- A friendly UK Customer Service call centre.
- Online and SMS Account Management.