Our Complaints Procedure - Our Commitment to You
We are committed to ensuring that you are completely happy with the products and services we provide. This is why we aim to supply products and services that meet your needs.
We consistently strive to respond to enquiries in a timely, professional and approachable manner and this is why we will always provide:
- Products and services that have been developed to meet your needs;
- Clear and concise information relating to our products and services;
- Highly trained people, committed to ensuring that your enquiries are handled quickly, efficiently and with the utmost respect and level of care;
- Assurance that your concerns will be treated with the utmost urgency to ensure a timely and satisfactory resolution;
- Assurance that the highest standards will be applied to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information.
If you want to make a complaint, we'll always try to resolve this as soon as possible. You can contact Customer Services on 0330 099 3000, this is the quickest way for us to help with your complaint. Click here for opening hours and call charge information. You also have the option to email us at - email@example.com
If you wish to refer your complaint directly to the Financial Ombudsman Service before we have had an opportunity to consider the matter, it is likely that we will ask the Ombudsman to put the matter on hold and allow us time to review the complaint internally first.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint immediately, we will:
- Fully investigate your complaint and where possible, issue a written summary resolution within three business days – running from the end of the next business day following receipt of your complaint. This will include an explanation of how we have resolved the complaint and your right to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service and whether we have consented to the waiver of any of their jurisdiction rules.
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint by the end of the third business day, we will continue our investigations as promptly as possible and provide you with:
- a formal acknowledgement of your complaint within five working days;
- contact details for the department responsible for resolving your complaint; and
- our commitment to resolving your complaint as quickly as possible and to keep you informed of any developments.
Financial Ombudsman Service
Vanquis falls within the remit of the Financial Ombudsman Service and in the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve your complaint to your full satisfaction or within 8 weeks of receipt, you may be able to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The Financial Ombudsman Service is a free and independent service that resolves disputes between customers and financial services institutions. You’ll need to contact them within 6 months of our final response letter. You can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service using the details below.
Financial Ombudsman Service
- 0800 023 4567 (calls to this number are now free on mobile phones and landlines)
- 0300 123 9123 (calls to this number cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers)
Further information is available at http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
Where a complaint is referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service outside of their specified time limits, we may object to the Financial Ombudsman Service investigating the complaint. However, each request will be considered on the individual circumstances of each complaint.