Why a Vanquis credit card is the right choice
- You have bad credit or want to build your credit score
- Easy to manage credit limit of £150 - £1,000
- Credit limit could increase up to a total of £4,000
- Representative 39.9% APR (variable)
- Simple four step application process, get an initial indication in 60 seconds
- Follow up call in 15 minutes on average
- Award winning UK customer service
- Online and app account management
- Receive text alerts to keep track of your repayments
When applying, we’ll assess your personal situation and won’t just turn you away based on your past, even if you’ve been turned down before. Bad credit can be overcome and a Vanquis credit card can help you on your journey to a better credit rating.
|Example Purchase||Monthly Repayment||Total Annual Fee||Max. Repayment Period||Interest rate|
|(Using Vanquis Credit Card)||(Minimum payment)||(Without taking into account any introductory rates)||(Duration to clear the balance)||(Terms and conditions apply)|
|£250||£ 10||£ 74||38 months||39.9% APR|
Read our Vanquis Card Summary Box for full details
A Vanquis credit card can help you improve your credit rating
Using a credit card can help people with bad credit improve their credit rating. We’ve already helped more than 3.5 million people do exactly that. Watch our credit builder video for simple advice on how to start building your credit score today. Everyone’s situation is different, read our understanding credit page to see how a Vanquis credit card can help your personal circumstances.
How to apply for a Vanquis credit card
- Check if your credit is approved in four simple steps, with no risk to your credit score
- Get a response in 60 seconds
- If accepted, apply and wait for your Welcome Pack to arrive
How to build your credit rating with a Vanquis credit card
- Use your Vanquis credit card
- Stay within your credit limit
- Repay at least the minimum amount each month, ideally more
- Only take on debt you can afford
- Missing a payment can harm your credit rating
- Read our full guide here
Vanquis Visa Card is only available to UK residents over 18.
Vanquis Visa Card is issued by Vanquis Bank Limited, No. 1 Godwin Street, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD1 2SU.
Common credit questions
How it will improve my credit rating?
To build your credit rating and potentially be eligible for credit limit increases, use your card sensibly by making your monthly minimum payment on time and staying within your credit limit. Not doing so could harm your credit rating.
What is bad credit?
Bad credit is when an individual has a low credit score. This is often the result of past debt or failing to meet repayments on credit agreements. Having bad credit doesn’t mean you won’t be accepted for credit in the future. A Vanquis credit card could help you improve your credit rating. For more information on bad credit, read Vanquis’ dedicated credit card for bad credit page.
What is a credit score?
A credit score or rating is how lenders decide whether you are suitable to borrow money. Essentially it is a measure of how likely you are to pay back the money. Multiple factors are considered when determining a credit score, such as payment history, past debt and length of your credit history. These are checked by credit reference agencies Call Credit, Experian and Equifax. The higher your credit score the more likely it is that you’ll be accepted for a credit application.
How do I check my eligibility?
Vanquis offers a risk free credit card eligibility check that will give you a response in just 60 seconds.