Vanquis Insurance Services - Home Renters FAQs

Questions about your existing policy

Do you charge to make amendments to my policy?

No, we do not charge any administration fees to make changes to your policy. Please note that if you move home and wish to continue to insure your new home with us, you will need to call us so that we can provide you with an updated premium.

Can I change the level of contents cover after taking out my policy?

If you would like to make any changes to your policy after you have taken it out, please call 0330 660 2111. Please note that the price of the policy may change if you change your cover.

How much notice do I need to give if I am moving home?

To make sure you're fully covered, you should let us know as soon as possible so that we may provide you with an updated premium for your new property.

How do I cancel my policy?

To cancel your policy, please call us on 0330 102 6837. Please note that you are entitled to cancel your policy within 14 days from the date of purchase, or the day you receive your policy document (whichever is later). If no claims have been made or are pending, we will refund your premium in full. If you cancel your policy after the 14 days have expired, you will be entitled to a pro-rata return of premium if you have paid annually, or we will stop any further monthly payments providing no claims have been made or are pending.

What do I do if my circumstances change?

Please let us know as soon as possible by calling us on 0330 660 2111 if you have a change in circumstance, e.g. a change in the number of bedrooms, a change in address or the value of your contents exceeds the level of cover in your policy.

My house is currently undergoing building work, am I still covered?

Please contact us on 0330 660 2111 if you plan on having building work done to your property so that we can ensure you are properly covered.

Claiming on your policy

How do I make a claim?

If you need to make a claim, please call us on 0330 102 6836 and a member of our specialist team will be able to talk you through how we will get your claim resolved quickly and efficiently. Please ensure you have your Policy Number to hand.

What events do I need to report to the police?

If you have been burgled, or have suffered an attempted burglary, vandalism, malicious damage or personal possessions outside of your home have been lost or stolen, please advise the police immediately as you may need a crime reference number in order to make a claim.

If you've lost or had your credit or debit card or cash stolen, please inform your card issuer and the police.

How do I check progression of a claim?

To check progression of any claim that you have made, please call 0330 102 6836 and a member of our specialist team will be able to assist you with this.

Making a complaint

How do I make a complaint?

If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us on 0330 099 3000, or write to us at Vanquis Bank Limited, Customer Action Team, Freeport RSBJ-HULA-XLGG PO Box 399.