Verified by Visa is a service which gives you added security when making transactions online.
By using the Verified by Visa service and continuing to use it, you are indicating that you have read the credit agreement that applies to your Account and these terms & conditions of use that apply to the Verified by Visa service, and that you accept them.
If you have any questions about Verified by Visa please contact Customer Services on 0330 099 3000**.
1. Using Verified by Visa
- When you use your Vanquis Visa Credit Card to make an online transaction (at a Verified by Visa enabled online retailer) your transaction will be taken through the Verified by Visa authentication process.
- You will be prompted to enter a One-Time Password or additional Personal Information to help us verify your identity.
- If you choose not to follow the Verified by Visa authentication process, you will not be able to complete your online transaction.
- You must notify us immediately if you change any of your Personal Information. If we hold inaccurate or out-of-date Personal Information this may affect your ability to use the Verified by Visa service.
- The Verified by Visa service and/or these terms & conditions may be amended, suspended or discontinued, temporarily or permanently, without notice where required by any party which assists us in providing the Verified by Visa service, or by law or other regulatory requirement applicable to us.
2. Protecting your Account
- We may suspend or limit your use of the Verified by Visa service or decline to process a transaction in the following situations:
- you or your Additional Cardholder enter an incorrect Account password or One-Time Password, or if the Personal Information supplied to complete the transaction does not match the Personal Information we hold;
- if we reasonably believe that it is necessary to do so to protect the security of your Account;
- if we reasonably believe it is necessary to do so to prevent: (a) unauthorised use of your Vanquis Visa Credit Card; (b) to prevent a crime; or (c) to prevent other misuse of your Account;
- if the transaction appears unusual compared to how you normally use your Vanquis Visa Credit Card;
- if you or your Additional Cardholder have reported your Vanquis Visa Credit Card as lost or stolen or someone else has your Vanquis Visa Credit Card details, PIN, One-Time Password, or your Account password;
- if we are required to do so by any party which assists us in providing the Verified by Visa service.
- A transaction will be regarded as authorised by you or your Additional Cardholder where you or your Additional Cardholder authorise the transaction at the point of sale by following whatever instructions are provided by the merchant to authorise the transaction, which may include entering a PIN, Account password, One-Time Password or Personal Information when using the Verified by Visa service or providing any other security code or signing a sales voucher.
3. Ending your use of the Verified by Visa service
- We may end your use of the Verified by Visa service if you breach any of these terms & conditions of use or any terms & conditions of your Account.
- In exceptional circumstances we may end your access to the Verified by Visa service immediately and notify you as soon as possible.
4. Our liability
- We will not be liable to you for any refusal or delay by any person or entity to accept your Vanquis Visa Credit Card when using the Verified by Visa service.
- We will not be liable to you for any failures of the Verified by Visa service which are caused by any events which we cannot reasonably control, such as for example, mobile phone reception or network connection failures, internet connection failures, machine failures or industrial disputes.
- Unless you are a victim of fraud, you are responsible for all transactions and instructions sent using the Verified by Visa service.
5. Use of your Personal Information
- To be able to provide you with the Verified by Visa service we need to share your information with the Verified by Visa processors, who help us to administer the Verified by Visa services and processes.
- Only the information which is necessary to perform the Verified by Visa service will be collected and shared with the Verified by Visa processors.
- We may also provide your information to the police, fraud protection agencies, or prosecuting authorities to allow them to investigate any suspected crime or misuse of your Vanquis Visa Credit Card or your information.
- If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or contact Customer Services on 0330 099 3000**. We will correct and update any information as soon as possible.
6. Governing law and jurisdiction
- These terms & conditions of use are governed by English law. Any disputes arising from these terms & conditions will be dealt with exclusively by the English courts.
- Account means your Vanquis Visa Credit Card account that we open and maintain in your name.
- Additional Cardholder - if you ask us to, we may issue a Vanquis Visa Credit Card and Personal Identification Number (PIN) to a person you nominate.
- One-Time Password means a passcode sent to your registered mobile number and which is a unique 4-6 character code that can only be used once to complete an online transaction with a Verified by Visa enabled retailer (a ‘participating retailer’).
- Personal Information means the personal information you provided to us as part of your Account application such as, for example, your name, address, date of birth, contact details and security information such as your Account password.
- Verified by Visa means the online authentication service offered by us for you to use with your Account when you make a purchase or transactions online from a Verified by Visa enabled retailer (a ‘participating retailer’).
- "We", "us" and "our" mean Vanquis Bank Limited.
** Calls to 03 numbers from UK landlines and mobiles are normally included in free plan minutes if available, otherwise they cost the same as calls to 01/02 prefix numbers.