Our shared purpose
Vanquis Banking Group, Vanquis’ parent company, is a leading specialist bank providing financially inclusive credit products to the 10-12 million people in the UK who are not well-served by mainstream banks or building societies.
Our Group’s purpose is to help put people on a path to a better everyday life. We do this by giving customers opportunities to borrow in a transparent, responsible and sustainable way. It's also about the wider role we play in helping to address wider societal challenges like social mobility, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and supporting inclusion and diversity.
Making a difference in our communities
Our Group-wide social impact strategy is to invest in activities and initiatives to address some key issues which can reduce social and/or financial inclusion. Some of these issues are:
- lack of literacy or numeracy skills
- disabilities and/or mental health issues
- unemployment or under-employment
- low levels of educational attainment
- low, uncertain, or fluctuating incomes
Vanquis Banking Group and colleagues across our business areas provide support in many ways, from providing grants to volunteering in schools and conducting research.
In 2022, our volunteers and partnerships delivered real change for people in the community. Here's a snapshot of some of the impact we've had over the last year:
- Provided funding to the Money Charity which enabled them to deliver 209 hours’ worth of financial education workshops to almost 5,000 young people and 78 hours’ worth of financial wellbeing workshops to almost 1,000 adults
- Set up funds with School-Home Support and the Dixons Academies Trust which have supplied essential items of school uniform to more than 1,000 students across Bradford, Liverpool, Manchester and Blackpool in time for the start of the autumn 2022 term
- Supported National Numeracy Day to make 2022 a breakthrough year by inspiring almost 460,000 actions to improve number confidence and skills in May alone, leading to 16,854 downloads of National Numeracy resources, a 70% increase on 2021
To learn more about our extensive work and our wider sustainability strategy, visit the Vanquis Banking Group website.
Helping children and young people
The Vanquis Banking Group Foundation aids financial inclusion and supports social mobility, supporting children and young people in the communities we’ve served since 1880 and is aligned with our purpose to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
We work with many different organisations and community foundations, leveraging their local knowledge and expertise to help address core needs in our communities. Through these partnerships, we can contribute to the support and development of spaces where children and young people can access opportunities that enable them to participate meaningfully in society.