We can help you
Worries about money can happen to anyone at anytime. So it's important you know that we're here to give you the help and support you need for you situation.
You could be dealing with specific personal issues which directly impact your ability to manage your account. We know it can be tough to deal with and you could be feeling overwhelmed and anxious but we have solutions. You could be struggling with:
- Mental / physical health problems
- Breakdown of a relationship
- Unemployment or reduction in your income
- Being a carer for a relative or dependent
It's important not to wait to get help - the quicker we understand your situation the earlier we can offer you the support you need. No judgement, only help, support and understanding.
We want to help
Check out the 3 cards below, do any of them sound like your situation?
I can pay, just not right now
If you can't pay right now, you can promise to make a payment within the next 14 days. You should only do this if you have only missed 1 payment.
Working with debt management agency?
Please make sure your chosen company contacts us to discuss the next steps with your account. We are committed to working with you and your chosen company.
Are you are working with a debt advice provider who is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)? If so you could benefit from the Debt Respite Scheme more commonly called 'Breathing Space'. This scheme allows for a period of protection for people with problem debts and can last up to 60 days or more in specific situations. We will work with your debt advice provider and pause most enforcement action and contact. We will also freeze most interest and charges on your account.
This scheme can only be started by a FCA authorised debt advice provider or local authority (where they provide debt advice to residents). Please ask your advice service about Breathing Space and for more information please check out StepChange.
Free debt support services
You can get help from many free services. There is no need to pay for help. Here are some free services you can contact.
- StepChange Debt Charity - For debt advice throughout the UK phone 0800 138 1111 or visit www.stepchange.org
- Money Advice Service - For free, unbiased and easy-to-access money tools, information and advice, visit www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk or phone 0300 500 5000 to speak to a Money Adviser
- National Debtline - If you live in England, Wales or Scotland phone 0808 808 4000 or visit www.nationaldebtline.org for debt advice and information