How to protect yourself and your card from fraud
- Regularly check your statement using the Vanquis App or Vanquis Online Banking. If you do not recognise a transaction on your Vanquis statement please call us on 0330 099 3000. Please click here for opening hours and call charges.
- Ensure your contact details are up to date as we may contact you to ask you to verify transactions on your account.
- Always question uninvited approaches in case it’s a scam. Instead, contact the company directly using a known email or phone number.
- A genuine bank or organisation will never contact you out of the blue to ask for your PIN, one-time passcode or to move money to another account. Only give out your personal or financial details to use a service that you have given your consent to, that you trust and that you are expecting to be contacted by.
- Don’t be tricked into giving a fraudster access to your personal or financial details.
- Never automatically click on a link in an unexpected email or text.
Protecting your Card
- Report any lost or stolen cards immediately on 0800 783 9003 or +44 161 444 4495 (if calling outside the UK). Please click here for opening hours and call charges.
- Check your card expiry date and call our customer service line (0330 099 3000) if a new card has not arrived when it should.
- Contact us if your card is unexpectedly retained by a cash machine.
Protecting your Card PIN
- Always cover your card PIN to prevent anyone from seeing it.
- Change your card PIN immediately at an ATM if you suspect someone knows it.
- Never reveal your card PIN to anyone, this includes writing, recording or speaking it anywhere.
- Never enter your card PIN into your telephone keypad.
Protecting your Identity
- Never write down your security details e.g. national insurance number, card PIN number, online banking password.
- Never use the same password for your social media and banking accounts.
- Shred or destroy all documents that contain your name, address or other personal information that you no longer need.
- Set up mail redirection if you move house.
- Close old accounts that you no longer use.
- Regularly check your credit file to ensure you recognise the details and the accounts listed. The three main credit reference agencies are Experian, Equifax and Transunion (previously Call Credit).