- No one should ever ask you to share your one-time passcode (OTP). If you’re asked for this it is probably a scam.
- Be conscious of the information you share on social media including through online quizzes. Criminals may use this information to commit fraud.
- Ensure your contact details are up to date as we may contact you to verify a transaction.
- Regularly check your bank statements to check you recognise transactions.
- Take the time to stop and think when you receive a request for your personal or financial information. A genuine organisation will not rush you for the information so take the time to think. You can call them back on a number found on their website to verify the call was genuine.
Protecting your Card
- Report any lost or stolen cards immediately on 0800 783 9003 or +44 161 444 4495 (if calling outside the UK). Please click here for opening hours and call charges.
- Check your card expiry date and call our Customer Service line (0330 099 3000) if a new card has not arrived when it should.
- Contact us if your card is unexpectedly retained by a cash machine.
Protecting your Card PIN
- Always cover your card PIN to prevent anyone from seeing it.
- Change your card PIN immediately at an ATM if you suspect someone knows it.
- Never reveal your card PIN to anyone, this includes writing, recording or speaking it anywhere. Vanquis will never ask you for this.
- Never enter your card PIN into your telephone keypad. Use something you can remember easily but isn't something obvious like your date of birth.
Protecting your identity and your personal details
- Never write down your security details. This means things like your national insurance number, card PIN or online banking password.
- Never use the same password for your social media and banking accounts. Use a different password for all accounts.
- Shred or destroy all documents that contain your name, address or other personal information that you no longer need.
- Set up mail redirection if you move house.
- Close old accounts that you no longer use.
- Regularly check your credit file to ensure you recognise the details and the accounts listed. The three main credit reference agencies are Experian, Equifax and Transunion.
- Keep your contact details up to date with us. We might contact you to confirm if a transaction was made by you.
Protecting your device
- Install an antivirus.
- Install system updates.
- Keep your firewall turned on.
- Password protect your devices.