Vanquis Credit Cards Guidance
If you are experiencing financial difficulty because of coronavirus e.g. your workplace has been shut, your hours have been reduced, or you cannot work, we know you may be worried about how you’re going to cope financially.
Vanquis Payment Freeze
If you’ve been affected by coronavirus you may be able to use a Vanquis payment freeze and won’t need to make your usual payments for up to three months. You can apply for a payment freeze up to the 31st October 2020.
If you’ve missed your most recent payment because you’ve been affected by coronavirus you’ll still be able to apply for a Vanquis payment freeze.
If you are already opted-in to Repayment Option Plan you may be able to activate the Account Freeze feature of the Plan. Click here to find out if you may be eligible. (Please note, if you are not already opted-in to Repayment Option Plan, we are currently unable to opt you in.)
What happens during the payment freeze?
- We’ll make sure the payment freeze isn’t treated as a missed payment by credit reference agencies.
- However interest will be charged at your standard rate.
- By using the payment freeze it will take you longer to repay your balance. This means you could pay more overall for your borrowing.
After the payment freeze, you’ll need to make your monthly payments again in the normal way. Your minimum payment and the total amount you owe will go up. This is because interest is still charged throughout the payment freeze.
Is a payment freeze the best option for me?
A payment freeze is only suitable if your financial situation has been temporarily affected as a result of coronavirus. It is not intended to be used if you are experiencing longer term financial difficulty or if this is unrelated to coronavirus.
To help you decide if this is the right option for you may wish to use the Money Navigator Tool or obtain free independent advice from the Money Advice Service. You can also find helpful information on the FCA ‘Dealing with financial difficulties during the coronavirus pandemic’.
See payment freeze FAQs here.
What happens at the end of the payment freeze?
- We’ll be in touch again before your payment freeze ends to remind you that you’ll need to make your normal contractual monthly payments again.
- After the payment freeze, you’ll need to make your monthly payments again in the normal way. Your minimum payment and the total amount you owe will go up. This is because interest is still charged throughout the payment freeze.
- Your automatic payment method (such as a Direct Debit or Continuous Payment Arrangement (CPA) may have been cancelled when you applied for a payment freeze.
- You can set up an automatic payment method in the Vanquis App or by calling 0330 099 3000*
We're here to help
If you have previously had a payment freeze and this is coming to an end or ended, and you still need further assistance please contact us using the details shown below.
How do I apply for a payment freeze?
1. Our Online Payment Freeze Request Form
The quickest and easiest way
Simply take a few minutes to fill out our online form.
2. Send us a text
TEXT - Please text us your Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY) and a brief summary of your circumstances to 07860 093000 and our support teams will be in contact shortly.
3. Call us - 0330 099 3000*
If you are experiencing financial difficulty because of coronavirus
We know you may be worried about how you’re going to cope financially.
TEXT: Please text us your Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY) and a brief summary of your circumstances to 07860 093000 and our support teams will be in contact shortly.
CALL: 0330 099 3000*
Due to the coronavirus pandemic we’ve fewer colleagues than usual to take your call and we have had to adjust our telephony opening times.
TEXT: You can TEXT us during these hours: Monday to Friday, including Bank Holidays: 8am to 8pm, Saturday: 9am to 5pm.
PHONE: Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm, closed weekends and Bank Holidays.
Managing your account if you’re impacted by coronavirus
You can use our Vanquis App to manage your credit card account without leaving home, download the App here: Vanquis Bank App
There is a risk that payments sent by cheque or post may take longer than usual to be processed.
For this reason, when you make your monthly payments to your account, we recommend using one of the following:
- Vanquis App
- Vanquis Online Banking
- Or your bank's internet banking or telephone banking services.
To pay using your bank's internet or telephone banking, you'll need the following:
- Sort code: 60-95-94
- Account number: 0000 0001
- Your 16 digit Vanquis credit card number starting with 4023 as the payment reference
*Lines are open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday, closed on Saturday and Sunday. Calls to 01 and 03 numbers from UK landlines and mobiles are normally included in free plan minutes if available; otherwise calls to 03 numbers cost the same as calls to 01/02 prefix numbers.